NEET PG 2020 Exam Day Checklist
These are the essential information, instructions, and other points to note for those who are attending the NEET PG Exam on January 5, 2020. Please follow these to make sure you have a smooth experience at the exam centre. All the best!
Exam date: January 5, 2020
|Reporting time||01:30 PM|
|Entry closes at Examination Centre||03:00 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||03:15 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||03:20 PM|
|Exam Start Time||03:30 PM|
|Exam End Time||07:00 PM|
- Printed copy of the Admit Card with their photo pasted on it
- Size of photo: 35×45 mm
- 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate
- Background: white
- A caption indicating the name of the candidate and date of capturing the photograph should be there at the bottom of the photograph.
- Photocopy of Permanent/Provisional SMC/MCI registration (to be retained by the test centre)
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs (original & valid)
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
Points to Note:
- Make sure the photo is clearly visible in the ID.
- The ID should be original.
- The name on the ID must match with the name as shown on the Admit card.
- If there is a name change (eg. post-marriage) carry supporting documents.
- If you are using e-Aadhar do get a colour printout.
- Make sure the ID proof is not expired – check the valid from to through date.
- Ornaments including earrings.
- Items like wallet, goggles, handbags, belt, cap, etc
- Any eatable item opened or packed, soft drinks, water bottles, etc.
- The other obvious items like pen, paper, notebook, mobile phones, etc.
Before the exam:
- The exam duration is 3 hours 30 minutes and NBE recommends to reach 2 hours prior at the venue. So be ready for a long day.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination premises until the entire duration of the exam is up with the exception of genuine medical conditions.
- Have adequate sleep followed by a healthy breakfast and a light lunch. Do not eat too much, as you would want to avoid the risk of falling asleep during the exam.
- It is a good idea to pay a visit to the location a day before. (NBE recommends this)
- Last-minute panic could affect your performance during the exam. These are the common causes of last-minute panic. (Anticipate and plan to avoid this)
- Not finding a cab / public transport on time.
- Not finding a place to keep your wallet / mobile phone.
- Not finding a restroom.
- Not finding the correct location.
- If possible have a friend or family member accompany you. If this is not possible, just be extra prepared.
- Exam centres might not have a secure facility to store your belongings. So it is better not to bring any valuable items with you.
At the exam centre:
- All candidates at the centre shall be frisked by security guards and biometric information shall be captured.
- The NBE and other staff at the exam centers are generally friendly and compassionate. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
- Under no circumstances get into an argument with the staff member there.
- Sweaters might be allowed especially in severe winter, as per discretion of the centre. No information regarding this is available yet.
- Many students prefer to revise the notes until the last minute. This is a good strategy and will keep you away from unnecessary thoughts, anxiety, and distraction.
- Keep your admit card and photo ID card at all times during the conduct of the examination.
During the exam:
- Be familiar with the exam software. If you are not yet familiar you can check any Marrow mock test on the website (www.marrow.com) or the demo on the NBE website.
- No rough paper for any rough work shall be provided at the centre. This might prove a little difficult, especially with problem-based questions. So be prepared for some mental calculation!
- Each workstation will be blocked on three sides – front, left and right, and there will be surveillance cameras
- The use of keyboard during the exam is strictly prohibited. Wherever use of keyboard is needed a virtual keyboard will appear on screen automatically.
- Technical glitches are extremely rare during the exam. If you are facing any issue ask for help by raising hands to notify the invigilator. Do not under any circumstances attempt to fix this by yourselves.
- There will be no breaks during the exam but candidates will be allowed restroom breaks without stoppage of the running timer.
- Keep your admit card and original photo ID at all times during the examination.
Results: Results will be available on www.nbe.edu.in by January 31, 2020.
Marrow wishes all the aspirants good luck for the preparations and exams.
Disclaimer: This is only a recommendation and not legally binding. Please refer to NBE Information Bulletin for NEET PG 2020 for complete instructions.