Essential Checklist for the NEET PG ’19 Exam Day
General instructions and points to note for those who are attending the NEET PG exam on Jan 06, 2019:
1.Admit card with your photograph pasted on it.
- Size of photograph: minimum 35*45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face.
- A caption with the name of the candidate and date of capturing photograph should be there at the bottom of the photograph (We recommend having caption in the photo as it is given in the NBE information bulletin, even though the hall ticket does not mention it.).
2. Photocopy of permanent or temporary medical council registration certificate. (Or original screening test pass certificate on NBE Letterhead if you are a FMG candidate without the Medical Council certificate)
3. Original ID proof (any of five) – PAN card/ Voter’s ID/ Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card.
- Make sure the photo is clearly visible in the ID.
- The ID should be original.
- The name on the ID must match with the name as shown on the Admit card.
- If there is a name change (eg. post marriage) carry supporting documents.
- If you are using e-Aadhar do get a colour printout.
- Make sure the ID proof is not expired – check the valid from to through date.
DO NOT carry
- Ornaments including ear rings.
- Items like wallet, goggles, handbags, belt, cap etc
- Any eatable item opened or packed, soft drinks, water bottle etc.
- The other obvious items like pen, paper, notebook, mobile phones etc.
Before the exam:
- The exam duration is 3 hours 30 minutes and NBE recommends to reach 2 hours prior at the venue. So be ready for a long day.
- Have adequate sleep followed by a healthy breakfast and a light lunch. Do not eat too much, as you would want to avoid the risk of falling asleep during the exam.
- Last minute panic could affect your performance during the exam. These are the common causes for last minute panic. (Anticipate and plan to avoid this)
- Not finding a cab / public transport on time.
- Not finding a place to keep your wallet / mobile phone.
- Not finding a restroom.
- Not finding the correct location.
4. It is a good idea to pay a visit to the location a day before. (NBE recommends this)
5. If possible have a friend or family member accompany you. If this is not possible, just be extra prepared.
6. Exam centres might not have a secure facility to store your belongings. So it is better not to bring any valuable items with you.
At the exam centre:
- Exam date is 6th January 2019. Timings: 3.30 PM – 7:00 PM.
- Reporting time is 2 hours prior to start time, that is 1:30 PM.
- You will not be allowed entry to the test centre after 03:00 PM.
- Many students prefer to revise the notes until the last minute. This is a good strategy and will keep you away from unnecessary thoughts, anxiety and distraction.
- The NBE and other staff at the exam centers are generally friendly and compassionate. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
- Under no circumstances get into an argument with the staff member there.
- Sweaters might be allowed especially in severe winter, as per discretion of the centre. No information regarding this is available yet.
During the exam:
- Be familiar with the exam software. If you are not yet familiar you can check any Marrow mock test in the website (www.marrowmed.com) or the demo in the NBE website.
- No rough paper for any rough work shall be provided at the centre. This might prove a little difficult, especially with problem based questions. So be prepared for some mental calculation!
- Use of keyboard during the exam is strictly prohibited. Wherever use of keyboard is needed a virtual keyboard will appear on screen automatically.
- Technical glitches are extremely rare during the exam. If you are facing any issue ask for help by raising hands to notify the invigilator. Do not under any circumstances attempt to fix this by yourselves.
- There will be no breaks during the exam but candidates will be allowed restroom breaks without stoppage of the running timer.
- Keep your admit card and original photo ID at all times during the examination.
Disclaimer: This is only a recommendation and not legally binding. Please refer to NBE Information Bulletin for NEET PG 2019 for complete instructions.