PGI Chandigarh exam pattern 2020
- Admission to various postgraduate courses conducted at the PGI is made twice a year. The sessions commence from the first of January and first of July each year.
- The admission to the above courses of the PGI is made on merit on all India basis, by holding an entrance examination by the PGI, after issuing a countrywide admission notice. The admission notice is published in leading English newspapers Employment News of India in the month of September for January session and March for July session.
General Admission Requirements
Before filling the application form, candidates should check the eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed MBBS from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- INTERNSHIP: Must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session(as per Annexure-I)
- Must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through the online payment gateway available at MD/MS application portal
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|For all other categories||Rs. 1000/-|
|PwBD Candidates||Exempted for payment of Application/ Examination Fee|
|Start of PGIMER MD/MS (Jan 2020) Online application||The first week of October (last year 06-10-2018)|
|PGIMER MD/MS (Jan 2020) application form closes||The first week of November (last year 06-11-2018)|
|Admit card (online download only)||Midweek of November (last year 15-11-2018)|
|Date of entrance examination for MD/MS courses||Last week of November (last year 25-11-2018)|
- The candidate should fill his/her online application form available on the PGI website i.e. http://pgimer.edu.in/
- Applicant should fill all the fields/columns of the form. No fields/columns should be left blank
- The candidate should ensure to take a printout of application form after completing all details
- The candidates who qualify the written test are required to submit the print out of online application form, a photograph and copies of certificates duly attested in support of educational qualification(s), experience, age/date of birth certificate, caste certificate, Fresh OBC certificate, a NOC from the present employer, if employed at the time of counselling. Candidates should sign all the documents forming an enclosure to the application, and also put the date.
- No request for a change of category applied for shall be entertained after the submission of the application to the Institute
- Roll Numbers/Admit Cards/Hall ticket for appearing in the entrance examination will be available for download to eligible candidates
Instructions for Photographs:
- Please scan your Photograph (clear passport size colored with light background) and save it in the JPEG format. The size of the image should not exceed 50 kb
- Photograph MUST be snapped on or after 01st October 2019.
- The photograph must be taken with the name of the candidate (as in application), and date of taking photograph, The photograph must be snapped with a placard indicating the name of candidate and date of taking photographs, In case name and date are written on the photograph afterward, the application will be rejected.
- Candidate should not wear a cap, goggles, etc. Spectacles are allowed.
PGI Exam Overview:
Before getting ourselves ahead on PGI exam pattern 2020, let us have a look at the overview of the exam from the table below.
|Name||MD/MS POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH CHANDIGARH EXAMINATION|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Center||Only in Chandigarh|
|Exam Mode||OMR sheet marking|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Negative marks||Yes( incorrect responses marked)|
Important contact details:
|Postal address||Registrar PGIMER, Sector-12 Chandigarh – 160012|
|FOR MDMS ENQUIRY||0172-2755562|
Syllabus and mark distribution:
|Sl.No||Subjects||No of question|
|3.||Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|9.||Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|16.||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
|Open (General) & Sponsored/ Deputed||55th percentile|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th percentile|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th percentile|
Candidates from reserved categories are also eligible to compete for general category seats (open category). Thus, in addition to category wise list; a combined General Category merit list of all the candidates will also be prepared.
Marrow wishes all the aspirants good luck for the preparations and exams