PGI Chandigarh exam pattern 2020
- Admission to various postgraduate courses conducted at the PGI is made twice a year. The sessions commence from the first of January and first of July each year.
- The admission to the above courses of the PGI is made on merit on all India basis, by holding an entrance examination by the PGI, after issuing a countrywide admission notice. The admission notice is published in leading English newspapers Employment News of India in the month of September/October for January session and March/April for July session.
General Admission Requirements
Before filling the application form, candidates should check the eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed MBBS from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- INTERNSHIP: Must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session(as per Annexure-I)
- Must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through the online payment gateway available at MD/MS application portal
|For all other categories|
|PwBD Candidates||Exempted for payment of Application/ Examination Fee|
MODE OF PAYMENT: Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking
|Start of PGIMER MD/MS (Jan 2020) Online application||26-10-2019|
|PGIMER MD/MS (Jan 2020) application form closes||14-11-2019|
|Date of entrance examination for MD/MS courses (computer-based)||30-11-2019|
|Expected date of declaration of result||06-12-2019|
- The candidate should fill his/her online application form available on the PGI website i.e. http://pgimer.edu.in/
- Applicant should fill all the fields/columns of the form. No fields/columns should be left blank
- The candidate should ensure to take a printout of application form after completing all details
- The candidates who qualify the written test are required to submit the print out of online application form, a photograph and copies of certificates duly attested in support of educational qualification(s), experience, age/date of birth certificate, caste certificate, Fresh OBC certificate, a NOC from the present employer, if employed at the time of counselling. Candidates should sign all the documents forming an enclosure to the application, and also put the date.
- No request for a change of category applied for shall be entertained after the submission of the application to the Institute
- Roll Numbers/Admit Cards/Hall ticket for appearing in the entrance examination will be available for download to eligible candidates
Instructions for Photographs:
- Please scan your Photograph (clear passport size, coloured with light background) and save it in the JPEG format. The size of the image should not exceed 50 KB
- The photograph must be taken with the name of the candidate (as in application), and date of taking
photograph, The photograph must be snapped with a placard indicating the name of candidateand dateof taking photographs, In case name and date are written on the photograph afterwards, the application will be rejected. Candidateshould not wear a cap, goggles, etc.
PGI Exam Overview:
Before getting ourselves ahead on PGI exam pattern 2020, let us have a look at the overview of the exam from the table below.
|Name||MD/MS POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH CHANDIGARH EXAMINATION|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Exam Duration||3 hours/180 minutes|
|Date of examination||30-11-2019|
|Timing of examination||10.00 AM to 01.00 PM|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Negative marks||Yes( incorrect responses marked)|
Important contact details:
|Postal address||Registrar PGIMER, Sector-12 Chandigarh – 160012|
|Helpdesk number for Technical queries||022-61306243|
Syllabus and mark distribution:
|Sl.No||Subjects||No of question|
|3.||Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|9.||Social and Preventive Medicine||07|
|16.||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
|Open (General) & Sponsored/ Deputed||55th percentile|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th percentile|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th percentile|
Candidates from reserved categories are also eligible to compete for general category seats (open category). Thus, in addition to category wise list; a combined General Category merit list of all the candidates will also be prepared.
Marrow wishes all the aspirants good luck for the preparations and exams