JIPMER PG 2020: Exam Dates, Eligibility, Marks Distribution
The Application for admission to the January 2020 session of MD/MS courses offered by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) has been started on September 18th. Candidates who wish to pursue their post-graduation in JIPMER can register online till the 25th of October. Let us go through the complete details regarding the JIPMER PG examination January 2020.
General Admission Requirements
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have either completed or due to complete, a one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December 2019.
- Must have an aggregate score of 55% for OBC/General, 50% marks in aggregate for SC/ST. For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate is provided in the official prospectus.
- Candidates who have already done/completed MD/MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS course at JIPMER.
The candidates are required to pay the application fees through Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
|General (UR) / OCI/ SPONSORED/OBC||Rs.1,600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST||Rs.1,200+ Transaction Charges as applicable|
|FOREIGN NATIONAL||Rs.3,000+ Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OPH/ PwD||Exempted From Application Fees|
**Refund of the fees once paid, will not be considered under any circumstances.
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Dates
|Online Registration form||18-09-2019|
|Online Registration closes on||25-10-2019|
|Hall Ticket Download||13-11-2019 to 08-12-2019|
|Date & Time of Entrance Examination||08-12-2019 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM|
|Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or Before 18-12-2019|
|Commencement of Course||01-01-2020|
|Close of Admissions for MD/MS-January 2020 Session||29-02-2020|
Filling the Application: Important Instructions
- Candidates are required to fill the application form through online mode only.
- The candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully before starting the online registration to avoid any errors.
- The process of submission of application is completed only after clicking the “submit button” after uploading personal details, Scanned Photograph and Signature.
- Once submitted, request for rectification of errors committed in the application form will not be considered under any circumstances.
- In case the candidate has found an error of entry committed by him/her in the application, a new application has to be submitted along with the prescribed fee. The earlier application will automatically stand cancelled.
- The candidates are advised to download a copy of their submitted application form which contains the Application No., Personal details, Scanned Photograph, Scanned Signature and the payment details in it.
- Incomplete applications/applications with false details will be considered invalid.
Instructions on Uploading Photographs
- The candidates are required to upload a recent passport size colour photograph with a light background.
- The photograph must be taken on or after 01.07.2019.
- The photograph must be taken with the candidate holding a placard indicating his/her name and the date of which the photograph was taken on it.
- The name and date on the photograph should be legible.
- The maximum size limit of photograph and signature is 200KB.
- Candidates should report at the exam venue by 08.30 AM. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination centre after 9.15 AM.
- Candidates should carry only Hall Ticket along with Valid Identity proof and photocopy of the same ID proof inside the hall. No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without valid Hall Ticket & Valid ID Proof.
- Cellular phones, calculators, watch, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in-calculators / memory, earphones and other electronic gadgets etc. will not be permitted.
- Use of unfair means /impersonation will lead to summarily cancellation of selection/admission.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam hall early, except those who have acute health-related issues.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of examination for any reason, re-examination shall NOT be held by the JIPMER under any circumstances.
- Once inside the Examination Centre / Premises, all candidates will be under surveillance & activities will be monitored.
The JIPMER PG examination will consist of 250 MCQ questions with four alternatives where you have to choose a single best response. The JIPMER PG 2020 entrance examination for MD/MS will consist of multiple-choice questions covering the subjects taught at M.B.B.S.level.
|Basic Clinical Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology).||100|
|ClinicalSciences(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis, Radio therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine,Pulmonary MedicineandBlood Transfusion Medicine).||150|
*Candidates are advised to go through the computer-based online mock test, for which the link is available on the official website of JIPMER.
Mark allocation for each MCQ
The candidates to the MD/MS seats in JIPMER is selected based on the performance in the entrance examination. The mark allocation will be as follows.
|Correct answer||+4 marks|
|Wrong answer||-1 marks|
|Marked for review||0|
Tie Breaker Criteria
If two or more candidates secure the same percentile scores in the entrance examination, the merit shall be determined using the following criteria:
- Negative Marks – The candidate who has less negative marks will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Age – If a tie still exists, the candidate older in age will be ranked higher.
- High Aggregate marks(MBBS) – The Candidate who has a higher aggregate score in MBBS will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
The merit list would be drawn category-wise. The minimum merit percentile for each category is as follows:
|Unreserved (UR) –OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /-OPH||40|
*Request for Change of Category/Status submitted in the application shall NOT be entertained /considered under any circumstances.
JIPMER PG 2020 Overview
|Name||MD/MS Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research(JIPMER)|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research(JIPMER), Puducherry|
|Frequency||Twice a year (Jan/Jul)|
|Centers||Tentatively 10 cities in India|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours (10 am to 1.00 pm)|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Correct responses||4 marks|
|Negative marks||Yes (-1)|
For complete information regarding JIPMER PG 2020, visit the official website of JIPMER.
Marrow wishes all the aspirants good luck for the preparations and exams.