AIIMS PG 2020: Exam Date, Eligibility, New MCQ Pattern
The final registration process for the January 2020 session admission to the various postgraduate medical courses offered by the All India Institute of Medical Science- AIIMS has begun. While the AIIMS PG registrations are about to end, there is no time for error. In this blog post, marrow presents to you the complete details regarding the AIIMS PG 2020 examination.
It is important to check the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form*.
- Candidates must possess an MBBS degree from a Medical Council of India recognized institution.
- The candidate must have completed a one-year internship on or before 30th July for July session & 30th Jan for January session.
- Applicants from General Category are required to have a minimum of 55% aggregate in MBBS, while the candidates belonging to SC/ST category are required to have scored an aggregate of 50%.
*The eligibility of the candidate in respective category for the course will be determined on the last date of submission of the registration form
The candidates are required to deposit the following amount as the registration fee for appearing in the exam.
|General / OBC||Rs.1500/-+Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST/EWSCategory||Rs.1200/-+Transaction Charges as applicable|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities [PWBD]||Exempted for payment of Application/ Examination Fee|
*The payment shall be done through Debit /Credit Card/Net Banking only.
AIIMS PG 2020- Application Form Dates
|AIIMS PG online registration||06.05.2019 to 27.08.2019|
|Status of Basic Registration & last date for correction for rejected images||03.09.2019 to 09.09.2019|
|Final Status of Accepted Basic Registration||16.09.2019|
|Date for Generation of Code (only for accepted Basic Registration candidates)||16.10.2019|
|Uploading Prospectus including seat position for Sponsored and Foreign National candidates||24.09.2019|
|Final Registration for completion of other details||27.09.2019 to 11.10.2019|
|Date for checking the status of Final Registration: Accepted & Rejected with reasons.||23.10.2019|
|Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization of Rejected Application.||29.10.2019|
|Last date of receiving the application form duly recommended & forwarded with “NO OBJECTION”from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India for Foreign Nationals to apply & appear in the AIIMS PG Entrance Examination January 2020session||29.10.2019|
|Last date for submission of Sponsored Certificate||29.10.2019|
|Date of Examination||17.11.2019|
|Expected date of declaration of Result||22.11.2019|
- The candidates should fill the online application form available on the official website of AIIMS.
- Candidate should fill the Online Application form correctly. Incorrect application forms may be rejected.
- The Institute will not be responsible for any cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. as a consequence of incorrectly filled application form.
- No candidate should register more than once.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature/Left Thumb Impression is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of applications.
- Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in the cancellation of all such applications. No intimations regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
AIIMS PG 2020 New MCQ Pattern
The AIIMS PG exam will be conducted in the online mode. The Questions for MD/MS/MDS Entrance Examinations are of objective type and consists of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The New MCQs shall be of the following types:
|1.||Single Best Answer Type||Each question/statement shall have four alternatives/statements of which, only one best response is to be selected /marked.|
|2.||Multiple True-False Type||Each question shall have a stem followed by five alternatives/ statements and every alternative/ statement will have to be marked as either True or False.|
|3.||Match the Following Type||Each question shall have two columns with four items in one column (A) that need to be matched appropriately with the best alternative available in the next column(B).|
|4.||Sequential Arrangement Type||Each question shall have a list of items that need to be arranged sequentially or in order as indicated.|
|5.||Multiple Completion Type||Each question/statement shall have four alternatives/statements of which one or more may be correct and need to be marked using the following key: |
(1) If a, b, c are correct
(2) If a and c are correct
(3) If b and d are correct
(4) If all four (a, b, c, & d) are correct.
|6.||Reason Assertion Type||Each question shall have two statements: Assertion(A) and Reason(B) connected by the term “because”.The answers should be marked appropriately.|
|7.||Extended Matching Items / Questions(EMI /EMQ)||Each EMI /EMQ will broadly have the following components. |
1) Theme & Focus
2) Answer option list
3) Lead-in question
4) Scenarios or Vignettes. The candidate should select the best possible answer from the Answer Option List.
The percentile score for MD/MS/MDS exams will be generated separately. Questions marked for review will be considered as unanswered and no marks will be allocated for unanswered/marked for review questions.
|Type||Correct||Wrong||Marked for review||Not answered|
|Single Best Answer Type||+1 mark||-⅓ mark||0||0|
|Multiple True-False Type||+⅕ mark||-⅕ mark||0||0|
|Match the Following Type||+¼ mark||-¼ mark||0||0|
|Sequential Arrangement Type||+1 mark||-1 mark||0||0|
|Multiple Completion||+1 mark||-¼ mark||0||0|
|Reason Assertion||+1 mark||-¼ mark||0||0|
|Extended Matching**||+½ mark||-½ mark||0||0|
* For each alternative/response in the MCQ** If Two Scenarios in each question
The AIIMS PG 2020 entrance examination for MD/MS will consist of multiple-choice questions covering all the subjects taught at M.B.B.S.level.
AIIMS PG 2020 Overview
|Name||MD/MS All India Institute of Medical Sciences Examination|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Frequency||Twice a year (Jan/Jul)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Center||All India (64 centres)|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
According to the decision of the governing body, the minimum cut-off necessary in the Entrance Examination to determine eligibility for admission is 50th Percentile.
Tie Breaker Criteria
The overall merit will be based on the percentile scores. If two or more candidates obtain the same marks, the merit will be determined based on the following methods;
1. Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations shall be placed higher than candidates with lower aggregate marks in MBBS/BDS professional examinations.
2. In case there is still a tie, after step (i) above, according to age (Date of birth), the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one.
For complete information regarding AIIMS PG 2020, kindly visit the official website of AIIMS.
Marrow wishes all the aspirants good luck for the preparations and exams.